Agen Prunes are prunes produced in the town of Agen in the South-West of France, on the edge of what used to be the old Gascony area of France. It is highly prized and worth seeking out as they are of a finer quality than many other dried prunes. These prunes are incredibly plump and moist.
Ways to Eat Prunes
1. Eat prunes alone as a snack
2. Add chopped prunes to your morning cereal or breakfast oatmeal
3. Mix prunes with a variety of nuts such as walnuts, pecans, and almonds
4. Eat them with dark chocolate chips, for a healthy, yet sweet treat
5. Puree prunes to add to muffin and cake mixes for a fibre and sweet boost
6. Add them to smoothies or shakes for a sweet twist
7. Make jam from pureed prunes and eat it with nut butter for a sugar-free PB and P sandwich
8. Add them sparingly to a savoury dish such as acorn squash soup
9. Add chopped prunes to salads as you would raisins or dried cherries
10. Add pureed prunes to a vinaigrette dressing for added sweetness
Ingredients: Prunes and Water.
Product of France